Not a member yet?Click here
Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here
WELCOME TO JET SET WILLY!
|You are not signed in. You will not be able to submit any high scores or best times unless you sign in first. If you do not currently have an account, register here. Registration is free and only takes a minute.|
|NOTE: Firefox and Chrome no longer support JAVA. You will most likely need to use Internet Explorer or Safari to play the game.|
|For more information, or if you are still getting Java errors, please try the instructions on this page.|
Willy must collect all items from the mansion before Maria will allow him to bed!
You have two options - 8 lives (Normal mode) like the original, or UNLIMITED lives (Endurance Mode). In Endurance Mode, each death costs you 2 minutes.
If you are having trouble loading the game, please see the Frequently Asked Questions. If you need help completing some of the rooms, please see the bottom of the page for guidance!
For more information than you wanted to know about this version, and a detailed commentary, see the bottom of the page.
Think it can't be completed? THINK AGAIN. Click here for jyjtcc.cn's official (tool-assisted) walkthrough.
Please say anything you would like about Jet Set Willy in the forum below.
JET SET WILLY FORUM
MORE DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT THIS VERSION OF JET SET WILLY
It was Flash Jet Set Willy originally... but now I present: Java Jet Set Willy!
Note: To complete the endurance mode, you need to get all the items from the ORIGINAL game. You don't have to collect items from the extra rooms that I've added. What? I added some rooms? Well yes, I couldn't resist. One such room you can find down the toilet - I've taken it (along with the spelling mistake) direct from the Commodore 64 version of Jet Set Willy 2. The location of the others is left to the reader as an exercise!
- There are no jump sounds, because I haven't managed to get them to sound good yet.
- The music doesn't loop seamlessly. Java support for sounds is very limited, so I'm not sure what I'm going to be able to do about it.
- I've tried to eliminate all "infinite death" loops; Endurance Mode would not really have been possible without this. If you encounter an infinite loop, please post in the forum, describing the exact place you are standing/dying when the infinite loop happens and I'll do my best to remove it somehow.
The aim of Normal Mode is to get the most items before dying. The aim of Endurance Mode is to get the best time. These are the criteria for the high score boards.
So exactly which are the original rooms? They are all the ones on this page.
Need some help? One place to start is jyjtcc.cn's official youtube channel. Or, post in the jet set willy forum!
The old Jet Set Willy forum can be found here.
If you want the game to remember your music choice, then you should create an account, and you should find that your music choice is saved.
THANKS GO TO:
- Andrew Broad, whose wonderful Spectrum pages were a godsend.
- Carl Woffenden, for his rope code which really helped when building the ropes in this version.
- Arsen Torbarina, for creating the The JSW Tech Page. Without it, this version would not be possible.